Did You Know?
LSA's Montgomery Office:
- Represents people who cannot afford to pay a lawyer and have nowhere else to turn.
- Serves low-income people in Autauga, Bullock, Butler, Chilton, Crenshaw, Elmore, Lowndes, Montgomery and Pike counties in Alabama.
- Helped over 1,500 households in 2012.
- Saved clients $4,668,884 in 2012.
- Helps people with domestic violence issues, food stamps, Medicaid, bankruptcy, foreclosures, evictions, garnishments, FEMA disputes, nursing home issues, disability cessations and overpayments, IRS liens and audits, elder exploitation, and other civil legal matters.
- Utilizes negotiation and mediation to help keep court dockets cleared.
- Provides education about legal rights through community outreach.