Did You Know?
LSA's Dothan Office:
- Represents people who cannot afford to pay an attorney and have nowhere else to turn.
- Serves low-income people in Barbour, Coffee, Covington, Dale, Geneva, Henry and Houston counties in Alabama.
- Helped over 855 households in 2011.
- Saved clients $2,265,185 in 2011.
- Helps people with domestic violence issues, food stamps, Medicaid, bankruptcy, foreclosures, evictions, garnishments, FEMA disputes, nursing home
issues, disability cessations and overpayments, IRS liens and audits, elder exploitation, and other civil legal matters.
- Utilizes negotiation and mediation to help keep court dockets cleared.
- Provides education about legal rights through community outreach.