Explanation of Possible Services
Please be aware that Legal Services Alabama is a non-profit organization with a very limited staff.
To help you determine whether or not you should apply for our services, the following is a short description of the areas we practice law and will give you some examples of the types of cases we may be able to help.
Types of Cases we may consider
- divorce when there is domestic violence involved OR the parties agree to all issues
- custody when there is domestic violence
- custody when all parties are in agreement
- collection lawsuit
- debt harassment
- dispute over auto repairs
- purchases of defective ‘as is’ products
- security deposits
- repair problems
- eligibility problems of various benefits
- access to education
- probating an estate
- power of attorney
- living will
- all parties are in agreement
- when all parties are in agreement
Types of Cases that LSA is unable to accept
- We cannot consider any criminal cases.
- We cannot apply for or enforce child support orders. You can contact your local DHR office to apply for child support or for help with enforcement.
- We cannot handle job discrimination cases. Contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for help with this matter.
- We cannot sue people or businesses for money.