LSA's Birmingham Office: Important Facts
Posted on 07/17/2013
Did You Know?
LSA's Birmingham Office:
- Represents people who cannot afford to pay a lawyer and have nowhere else to turn.
- Serves low-income people in Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair and Walker counties in Alabama.
- Helped over 2,080 households in 2012.
- Saved clients $898,783 in 2012.
- Helps people with domestic violence issues, food stamps, Medicaid, bankruptcy, foreclosures, evictions, garnishments, FEMA disputes, nursing home issues, disability cessations and overpayments, IRS liens and audits, elder exploitation, and other civil legal matters.
- Utilizes negotiation and mediation to help keep court dockets cleared.
- Provides education about legal rights through community outreach.