LSA's Opelika Office: Important Facts
Posted on 04/11/2013
Did You Know?
LSA's Opelika Office:
- Represents people who cannot afford to pay a lawyer and have nowhere else to turn.
- Serves low-income people in Chambers, Lee, Macon, Russell and Tallapoosa counties in Alabama.
- Helped over 450 households in 2012.
- Saved clients $2,092,168 in 2012.
- Helps people with domestic violence issues, food stamps, Medicaid, bankruptcy, foreclosures, evictions, garnishments, FEMA disputes, nursing home issues, disability cessations and overpayments, IRS liens and audits, elder exploitation, and other civil legal matters.
- Utilizes negotiation and mediation to help keep court dockets cleared.
- Provides education about legal rights through community outreach.