Did You Know?
LSA's Selma Office:
- Represents people who cannot afford to pay an attorney and have nowhere else to turn.
- Serves low-income people in Choctaw, Dallas, Marengo, Perry, Sumter and Wilcox counties in Alabama.
- Helped over 421households in 2011.
- Saved clients $459,233 in 2011.
- Helps people with domestic violence issues, food stamps, Medicaid, bankruptcy, foreclosures, evictions, garnishments, FEMA disputes, nursing home issues, disability cessations and overpayments, IRS liens and audits, elder exploitation, and other civil legal matters.
- Utilizes negotiation and mediation to help keep court dockets cleared.
- Provides education about legal rights through community outreach.